Butternut Squash And Black Bean Tacos
These delicious tacos are perfect for vegetarians or vegans. According to Lisa Gorman, Director of St. Joseph Health Wellness Center, eating more squash is also a good way to get key antioxidants into your diet. Top the tacos with avocado for a bit of healthy fat and you have a good-for-you meal that tastes great.Click here for more of our best taco recipes.
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tablespoons cumin, or more to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 6 tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel and dice the squash into bite-sized pieces. Mix it with the other diced vegetables, the beans, seasonings, and olive oil, until coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a cookie sheet and bake until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas, add the filling, and top with avocado slices.